However much you’ve done this month, I promise you I’ve done less.
I have had one of the most unproductive months this year – and that’s saying something considering we’re in a global pandemic.
I love doing these monthly recaps, and even though there was nothing to talk about this month I still had fun?? I definitely… delayed writing this post though (my sole motivation was one of my friends who adores monthly recaps <3). Still, I hope it’s somewhat entertaining!
I read like nothing!!! I completely lost motivation!! I’d love to say that I was busy doing other stuff but…. none of that was important so I can’t use it as an excuse. Except for my reread of Evelyn Hugo, I didn’t reread anything and I didn’t have any amazing reads.
I also read a lot of poetry books!!!!! Four!!! Three were ones from Scribd, and they were by my three favourite spoken word poets (Blythe Baird, Olivia Gatwood, and Sabrina Benaim. I linked to all my favourite poems from them!!!!!). The fourth was an ARC offered to me, and I loved them all so much!!! My review will be going up soon, but it was amazing.
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and This One Summer I had high hopes for – the first because I loved it reading in June, and the second came highly recommended from my cousin over Christmas!! I loved Evelyn as much as last time (and was full on sobbing) but unfortunately Summer was just very confusing and even though I love character-driven novels I couldn’t get behind this.
YES!!! I got four books and they’re all great. Camp was a gorgeous love letter to queer teens (like myself), The Midnight Lie had so much sapphic yearning and it was amazing, and then Monuments was also just!! wonderful!!! The other one I bought was Love From A-Z which would be a reread, and I loved it a lot when I read it for the first time in May. I was going to get This is Kind of an Epic Love Story too, but there was nothing in stock :(, so it’s on hold!!!
- I feel like I completely missed the blogging game this month, honestly. However, looking back I actually put out quite a few posts? I…. have no idea about anything anymore, honestly.
- I also published some amazing posts this month!! My rereads post, why I love YA, and my bisexual recommendations post were all really fun to write.
- The other thing I’m very proud of is… I caught up on all my comments. There were like 80 of them and I finally got through them all ❤ I’m kinda proud of myself.
- I was offered my first ARC as well, and my review will be going up soon (as I.. already mentioned… this is embarrassing) so this is very exciting!!!
- I did
nothingnot anything this month. I rewatched the first five and a bit seasons of B99, I started and finished all four seasons of One Day At A Time (Lydia is an icon I love her so much), and right at the start of the month I finished my rewatch of The Good Place so…. I’ve done not much. (Update… two days into October I may have already gotten through the remaining two seasons of B99…. making it between the 4th of September and the 2nd of October I watched seven seasons… we won’t talk about that.)
- I also finished Schitt’s Creek, which my family and I have been watching for a couple of months and really enjoyed. The finale was so good and I just,,, love them all so much!! Very tempted to rewatch already but I’m holding out!!!
- I finished my third term of school and whoooo am I glad that’s done. (As I write this I have another couple of days until I go back again…. not looking forward to it.)
- With nothing else to do, I started compiling all my poetry into a book!!! It’s not a very good book, and I’m struggling because I haven’t been inspired to write much new stuff recently. However, I love it so much and I think at some point….. publishing it would be kind of cool.
- Once again, with nothing else to do, I updated to iOS 14 and joined the home screen trend! My friend described my aesthetic as ‘soft art cottagecore’ and I’m in love with it. I’m also getting a new phone (my dad’s old one haha) soon and I ordered a new case (it has Kiki and Jiji from Kiki’s Delivery Service on it) and overall I’m very excited!!!!!!!!! We actually swapped them over on the very last day of September and,,, I love it a lot.
- ……again, with nothing else to do, I wrote a cover of betty by Taylor Swift!! I’d been seeing a lot around and I wanted to write a POV I hadn’t seen before – James talking to the girl he cheated with (I used Inez in the song because the syllables work hahaha). Redemption and the perspective of the ‘villain’ (of sorts) interests me and I wanted to see how it might play out. I might share it at some point, and I like how it turned out.
- I also covered august frmo the same album, again from James’ POV!!! I like that one a lot less but it was really fun.
- I started seeing some friends again which has been amazing and I love them so much ❤
- Once again on the very last day of September my pre order cards for Darius the Great Deserves Better came and they’re so gorgeous oh my goodness !!!