I haven’t done a ‘proper’ monthly recap in a long time.
Looking back through the last actual one I did for only one month was DECEMBER?! Whoops??
It’s my blog and I do what I want!!! However I love writing these but they’re a LOT of work with formatting and imaging and writing and ugh I have NOT been up to that.
Partly because of online schooling and spending a lot of time on my laptop already?? Partly because I’m losing motivation by the day??? Partly because I’m just akjhsfjkalj a complete mess right now. (also maybe the other reason i don’t do them is because this is 1.5k they’re a lot of work okay?!)<!–?small >
- I read the AFTG series and I’m very much in love with the Foxes… I’m so deep in hopefully the high eases soon ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (also my favourites change regularly but it’s pretty much Renee, Nicky, Neil, Andrew, and Dan/Matt who are constantly in the top five!!!)
- I hate the fact that I love it so much and I wish I hadn’t because it’s so!! bad!! but!! so!! good!! flkdgljf I can’t express how much I hate to love this!!!
- That’s it that’s the only notable reading thing. The only reason I’m writing this recap. You can all go now I’ve said my piece.
- WAIT NO DON’T GO!!! I worked hard on this!!!
- Even so, I’m struggling to think of other reading things to mention.
- I had a really good reading month in terms of ratings!! 4-5 stars which is incredible!!!
- I also got more into audiobooks!! I read Love from A-Z on audio and also The Foxhole Court (narration was amazing on that one) both on Scribd (how I read the entire AFTG trilogy actually) and I love them!! I cannot believe it but I do!! What was I missing!! I like reading them on walks because it makes me feel productive 😉 my 30 day free ran out a couple days ago but I have plans.
- I got Aurora Burning at the start of May and I STILL haven’t read it because I’m doing a buddy read with two of my irl friends and one of them hasn’t gotten her copy yet!!! She ordered it before I got mine and it has taken WEEKS and it is TESTING my patience!!! But she’s a nice friend and worth waiting for so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Update since I wrote this part in the middle of May: on day after writing that she got it. It was very good. We have had many excellent texts exchanged. The other friend was Paradeabelle 🙂 if you can go show her blog some love, she’s new xx
- I counted and in the first quarter of the year I read 43 books in total but 12 were rereads (0% regret ANY of them though they were all favourites/one to prepare for upcoming sequel)… and last month (April) I only read 3 books so. New record!! (however i read 3 books that crossed over from april into may and idk what month to put them in!!! help appreciated!!!)
Crooked Kingdom, Leigh Bardugo // 3rd/4th time reread? // totally forgot about the pure comedic GOLD in this and the flirting and everything ughhh I’m soft for the Dregs (also appreciation moment for Kaz in The Scenes) I also annotated this read which was fun! // ★★★★★
The Raven King, Nora Sakavic // i read this in a DAY and i have NO regrets!! this book was painful!! and turning more into crime and thriller!! still in love!!! my baby neil!!! // ★★★★☆ (4.5)
The King’s Men, Nora Sakavic // what is UP with that ending askdkdsfjh ugh this series is problematic and the writing is a mess but i am a mess for the Foxes so it balances out nicely for a 5 star rating ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ** // ★★★★★
Love From A-Z, S.K. Ali // I LOVE HANNA AND CONNOR and all of them!! no but for real this was super cute and adorable!! took me forever but that’s okay!! also i know the food they talked about near the start and it made me HUNGRY // ★★★★☆
Aurora Burning, Amie Kaufman + Jay Kristoff // still not over that ending!!! character development >>> i’ve adopted zila and fin and scar and ty and all of them // ★★★★☆
**note re. my rating of the king’s men/aftg series: i don’t post anywhere but this blog and since it’s a backlist book AND i have a very small audience, the rating is unlikely to affect anything. i always have and likely always will rate books purely off my enjoyment of them and i’m not going to change that. HOWEVER i fully acknowledge that it is not anywhere near perfect, and i don’t necessarily agree with some opinions voiced in the trilogy ❤
- I blogged more than I ever have in a month this year?? I think this year has just gone UP in stress and workload compared to last year and I’ve been so much less active and I wish I was more but hey, life happens. I will be making mroe of an effort with holidays coming up for me (who am i kidding i say this EVERY time and all i do on holidays is eat, sleep, rewatch shows, and forget about blogging)
- I had so many ideas and drafts for posts!!! And I’m really excited for it!! At one point I had SEVEN posts scheduled and ready to go so I’m really proud!!! Most are Pride related posts because it only happens once a year!! They are coming out and at you!!!
- Since I had a sudden interest in writing a lot, know that most of June’s post were either a) written in one sitting, b) written in bed, c) written from May 20th – May 25th, d) over 1k somehow??, and e) written in MAY. I tried not to refer to a huge amount of life events but if they are there know that they probably happened in May…. not the time of publishing.
- I interacted the most that I’ve done this year and it was still under 5 blogs. Make of that what you will. (ahhh it’s so bad i want to improve/blog hop more!!!)
- Oh! I got about 25 spam comments that kept a live record of the outcome of a sports game?? It was… really odd. Not mean comments or anything just a… play by play of soccer.
- I kinda forgot about the fact that I redesigned my entire blog. Maybe it looks good? I’m not sure? Let me know I guess – it’s been a while and I’m tempted to just make the whole thing black and white!!!! (some things i am Conflicted on soooo)
- oh! this is very last minute but if you link to any of my posts it no longer comes up for me so please let me know via contact page or comment!!! thank u!! alternatively, if you have any tips let me know 🥰
- It’s been TWO DAYS since the new WP editor came out but I have found a workaround 🙂 I have the old editor back let’s hope that doesn’t change!!
- I cut my hair!! We cut like 10cm off 😎. We also tried to dye it but since it is brown you can barely see it. (I then cut off another few cm multiple times and so now I have gone from chest length to above-my-shoulder length 100% DO NOT regret!!!)
- For like 3 weeks every time I washed my hair we cut some more?? It now sits just above my shoulders in a bob?? People were pressuring me into this for Reasons and I’m honestly so happy I did :’)
- I did the ENTIRE month online schooling but I’m going back in early June!! I have actually grown to love it :))) will miss being able to get up 1/2 hour before school starts.
- Australia is becoming more relaxed on restrictions because we are doing GOOD in this pandemic so that’s really exciting!! I have a date for when I go back to onsite learning as well which is insane but so good!! Still being wary about social distancing but I’m excited.
- I’ve been going on daily walks and it’s actually really fun!! I won’t be able to soon because the weather will be getting worse (today I walked in the rain with an umbrella and I was freezing for 3 hours after) but I’m enjoying it while I can!!!
- Something kinda stressful happened (along with, you know, everything else happening at the moment)
- I redid my fanart corkboard on my bedroom door (moved the old stuff around + added new things) and it looks so good!! I love it!! I also put the second one up next to my desk and it looks so good!! I love it!! I love both of them!! The fan art one I might show sometime if you’d be interested….? The other one has pictures of me + family + friends so… no thanks.
- I had to shoot something for film studies and a couple of my friends came over and tHEY (and me) kEPT lAUGHING when one was supposed to be dead and the other was grieving. It was fun!!!
- Oh! I saw The Half Of It on Netflix three times!! Twice in one night and then another time with a friend who kept asking me what was gonna happen!! Please watch it if you haven’t already – I love it so so much and my entire heart belongs to everyone. (I also saw a couple other movies I think but none as memorable and I don’t know if it was April or May!!) I know a lot of people didn’t like it but I just adore it and akdjhgs
how was your may? excited for pride? what have you been doing in quarantine? when are you going back to school?
(also!! sending love to all Black people and everything going on in the US right now. this post has been scheduled for a while now and by the time everything happened it was too late to add a massive thing but i want to say that if there are any tips of ways to support Black people (other than obvious ideas) please let me know!! i probably won’t be talking about it much here because i try and keep this space positive and book-related but i am NOT oblivious <3)