You know those books that rip your heart into a million pieces and then gently stitch half together again before smashing on it again?
this was one of those books. i finished six of crows in 1.5 days (3-4th Jan 201
89) and it blew me away. giving it 4.75 stars 😉
oh and in my last post i ended up having a whole conversation with sha about this… yeah.
not much… I’ve seen friends, watched Gilmore Girls, taken a whole lot of bookstagram-inspired pictures! I’ve also started to work on some collabs with people, which has been super fun!
so basically the whole plot and universe was just awesome. i hadn’t read the Grisha trilogy but you don’t need to to read this. there was a lot of amazing one liners (and page-liners) that i was reading out loud to my parents – I’d show them but I’ve kinda forgotten 🤷♀️
the premise was kaz (one of the main characters – i would say the six were all main though) gets offered 30million kruge (their currency) for an impossible heist. kaz builds a team of six with different strengths and weaknesses to help him break in and while the romances were more side plots they were still cool.
*also the thing below is something new I’m trying out (I learnt it from the amazing May and now I’m kinda obsessed) but you need to be on the website to view it… go do that please.
- jesper and wylan were subtly flirting at points (and then not so subtly xD)
“If only you could talk to girls in equations.” There was a long silence, and then, eyes trained on the notch they’d created in the link, Wylan said, “Just girls?” Jesper restrained a grin. “No. Not just girls.”
example above 😉
- my lil heart broke for inej when she had to sneak in with the menagerie
- and nina when she took the jurda parem
- oh and kaz when his past was revealed AND HIM NOT LETTING NINA ERASE THE ‘R’
- and really i think kaz just wants to be a young boy allowed to trust people and fall in love (with inej specifically) but he couldn’t bc of pekka rollins THE SCAMMER WHO I HOPE WILL NOT BE IN THE SEQUEL
- oh and kaz besting him at the end? PRICELESS.
- and oh my word kaz not making inej have the crow-cup tattoo bc he knew about her past with tante heelen is just the sweetest ever
- and while he’s a bit of a A TOUGH GUY he’s actually so nice to those he really cares about. aka inej. I MEAN HE LOOKED AT HER. HE WAS OFF HIS GAME CAUSE OF HER.
- basically inez and kaz are just meant for each other EVERYBODY CAN SEE IT BUT THEM
- HURRY UP AND REALISE THAT
- oh and can i just say nina and inej would actually work. BUT KAZ AND HER ARE PERFECT.
ok spoilers slash me fangirling done now. if you read that nice job, if you didn’t… come back and read it after the book, ‘kay?
my one complaint is that the languages are kinda confusing. i was really confused about some of the fjerdan and other language words… we needed like footnotes or something. jurda sounds like an indian sweet… but the rest sounds like russian like what?! just a smol complaint tho 😉
have you read this?
do you plan to?
chat with me!!!!! please?
p.s. let me know if you want to see some of those bookstagram pics!